This weekend marks the official start of Fall. While we’re excited for what this next season has in store, we’re holding onto the last few moments of Summer by counting down WHY Summer can be the best time of year to host your Wedding…
TOP 10 REASONS TO HOST A SUMMER WEDDING
10. Longest Days | What’s the saying? The days are long but the years are short? This is never truer than during the Summer when the days are longer so you can pack in as much wedding related merriment as possible!
9. Flower Power | ‘The sheer abundance of florals available – and ability to secure these varieties from vendors closer to home – is at an all-time high during the Summer. This can mean a break in cost and savings in shipping! Some of my local summertime faves include: white Queen Anne’s Lace, Blue Ageratum, varieties of Sunflowers and Celosia!’ – Becky Harris of Butler’s Pantry Design Studio
8. Prime Produce |Fresh, local, artisanal menus…this is what most clients are after on their Big Day. And there is no better season to guarantee this than during the Summer! Butler’s Pantry, the exclusive caterer for The Coronado/Palladium Saint Louis, offers seasonal summer menus that highlight local produce and focus on bright, light, fresh flavors.
7. Speaking of light… | During the Summer, you can even get away with offering your guests lighter fare! With lighter fare comes more energy to dance the night away! Heck, even serving BBQ is fair play and an unexpected delight for many guests! Have you seen the Chuckwagon menu, created by the BBQ experts at Butler’s Pantry??
6. Holidaaaze | With the exception of the 4th of July, Summer weddings best position you between major holidays! So…the focus can be on YOU. And in each year that follows, when you celebrate your anniversary, you won’t have to share the spotlight!
5. Have Party? Will Travel | Typically, it is easier for guests to travel during the Summer. Most employers are a bit more lax on schedules during this time of year and how many teachers do you know?!
4. Summertime Sadness? | No such thing! We only see Summertime Gladness! Everyone seems to be in such a celebratory, jovial state of mind during the Summer months.
3. Keep the party going | All month…all Summer…you can truly keep the celebration going all season long!
2. Weather Woes? | Fear of inclement weather (and we’re talking weather that would keep you or your guests from attending and enjoying your Big Day) is at an all-time low.
1. Special, Seasonal Pricing |You can expect to see a break in cost when booking a June, July or August wedding! Just ask our Sales & Catering Managers how to make the most of your wedding budget!
Photo cred: Heather Roth Fine Art Photography