Watch and learn as Chef Greg shows you how to make the perfect salad for your 4th of July celebration:
Red, White & Blue Caprese Salad
Red White and Blue Caprese salad:
- 2 pounds blue “b” potatoes cut 1/8
- 2 pints red cherry tomatoes
- 1 quart ciliegene , small round fresh mozzarella balls drained
- ½ cup fresh basil chiffonade
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup white balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Boil potatoes in salted water until just tender. Drain thoroughly and toss with the oil and vinegar while still hot , as potatoes cool they will absorb the oil and vinegar.
Toss with remaining ingredients, season with salt and pepper to taste.
May serve immediately or hold for up to 24 hours refrigerated.
Allow an hour out of the refrigerator before serving.
This is a great dish to serve at a fourth of July picnic as it is light , fresh and bursting with red , white and blue colors.